Small scale trial
- Identify what outcomes to measure
- Measure little and often: to identify trends (small samples are enough)
- Collect baseline - at least 3 data points at time intervals to identify variation/ trends prior to change
- Implement change on small scale i.e 1 bay/1 ward
- Measure effect: again frequent intervals (hourly/ daily/weekly/monthly) depending on what is being measured. At least 7 data points required
- Total of 10-12 Data points required to identify significant change.
Back to flowchart